A community for Filipino fans of the Blue Bloods series by Melissa dela Cruz.

PortalHomeFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegister

Share | 

The Hunger Games trilogy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FallenAngel
Dimidium Cognatus

PostSubject: The Hunger Games trilogy   Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:19 pm

With the release of The Mockingjay last Aug. 25. the trilogy finally comes to a close.

The Hunger Games is the story of sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world where a powerful government called the Capitol has risen up after several devastating disasters. In the book, the Hunger Games are an annual televised event where the Capitol chooses one boy and one girl from each district to a fight. The purpose of the Hunger Games is to show how no one, including children, is above the Capitol's power. The last person standing wins the game
------

I really, really, really love this trilogy! Words escape me if asked how would I describe it. Some may say there is a certain brutality to the Hunger Games but I say GO READ THE BOOK FIRST! read it and then come back to me after you've done so, then we'll talk.

Suzanne Collins, who authors this trilogy, can definitely invoke so many emotions as you follow Katniss' struggle to survive and to beat the odds that seems to be against her. Action, drama, oh and of course there is a love story (oh goody!!!) hehehehe

Become a tribute...enter the Hunger Games Very Happy

Team Jack by Archangel
Back to top Go down
Azazel
New to NYC

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:29 pm

found it!.. yeyy.. yeah the book is awesome.. it was weird at first coz i've been caught up reading vampire books(i have read like 3 different vamp books already) and i kept waiting untitl katniss or gale or peeta or any of the characters to reveal that they're actually vampires.. LOL.. i love how the story is so futuristic.. i totally love Katniss Everdeen.. i'm not done with the first book though.. not yet.. T_T.. got lots of thing going right now.. i have little time to read..
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel
Dimidium Cognatus

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:57 am

oh you have to finish the first book...and the second...and the third hahahaha. quite a shame that you don't have enough time too read but i am hoping you'd get to finish the first one really soon. i'm betting once you do that you'll definitely get hooked on this series. i know i did. finished the first and second book in like a day each when they came out and the third book in a matter of hours. yep, i am that fast when it comes to reading. it's my job after all Very Happy

seriously, this trilogy is nothing like what i've read before. what part are you into the first book? i want to know so that i won't slip up and give away any spoilers. hehehe

sooo...what team are you? Peeta or Gale? and what other vampire books have you read?

"may the odds be ever in our favor"

Team Jack by Archangel
Back to top Go down
Azazel
New to NYC

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:03 am

--i know right. This one is different. My friend Azrael is always the one to inform me about number 1 best selling books in National Bookstore and this month, she told me Hunger Games is all over the bookstore, so i tried it. She, apparantly, is reading a new vamp book, its called the Evernight Series, have you heard of it?. This is the first time we've been torn apart by a book and I dont have anyone to share it with. And she cant share anything about Evernight to me either. I told her i always hear 'blah blah blah' when she starts talking about it. hehe [mean. haha]

--the last book we have read was the Vampire Academy Series and i wasn't that happy with it. The story is good, but damn, rose hathaway really gets on my nerves.

--So far, i have read the Twilight Saga, the Blue Blood Series, and the Vampire Academy Series.

--what do you mean its your job? what exactly.. to read??.. u lost me.. haha

--i'm nowhere near the end yet.. i'm still in the part where Rue just died.. so sad.. i only got few hours to read everyday.

--I have this big career exam to take in a few months and i gotta be prepared.

study
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel
Dimidium Cognatus

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:32 pm

Whoa! that was a long post. hahaha

Yep, I have read the Evernight series. It's ok I guess but with all the vamp books popping left and right. I guess I am done with it, although I am not totally closing my doors, something really good might come next.

I have read the Twilight Saga, Sookie Stackhouse series, Vampire Academy, Blue Bloods series, House of Night series, etc. I've pretty much read every vamp book in YA literature these days! LOL. I read a lot because it's my job, I do book reviews for a members only site that caters to book readers of different genres. I am lucky to be assigned to the YA category. I love what I'm doing! So if you have any questions about a particular book, you can ask me. Very Happy

Ohmigosh...I cried at that part too. Rue was so small. Her death was really sad. Don't worry if you don't get much time to read. You'll eventually get to finish the book anyway. Take your time.

What exam are you going to take?

Team Jack by Archangel
Back to top Go down
Azazel
New to NYC

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:58 pm

--i'm done reading the first book. I love Katniss and Peeta together. Although i think Katniss would choose Gale over Peeta. Is that what's going to happen on the next books? C'mon u gotta tell me. Just this little bit of info. Is it going to be Katniss and Peeta? or Katniss and Gale?. I'm Team Peeta by the way. Pleeeease tell me . I'll still read it, i just want to know Razz

--oh gosh, you have an awesome job! its good that you love what you're doing..

--i'm taking the PNLE this december.

--so the Hunger Games book 1 is the last book i'll be reading for now. i'm gonna focus on what matters first and then after the exam, i can read whatever book i want.. cheers
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel
Dimidium Cognatus

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:58 pm

hmmm...i don't know if should tell you. hehehe

for those who haven't read the series yet.... SPOILER ALERT!!!!
well honestly it's going to be a rough ride. Katniss herself cannot decide whether she should choose Peeta or Gale, I guess she is just to busy with the threat hanging over her head. In the second book, she and Peeta will get thrown together again in another arena. Needless to say, Peeta will show what a great guy he is. In Mockingjay, it will be all war so there won't be much time for romance although Katniss is showing a bit of hint as to who she might end up with. And yes it will be Peeta but it is a very bitttersweet ending.

Goodluck with your upcoming exams. Hope you pass it! Very Happy

Team Jack by Archangel
Back to top Go down
Azazel
New to NYC

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks!

Thanks for the spoilers too!.. ^_^.. nice to know katniss chose peeta.. yeyy.. Cool
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel
Dimidium Cognatus

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:08 pm

it's not enough knowing that she chooses him. you really have to read the next 2 books. i think i was more thrilled with the "romance" on the second book. what it's about...i won't tell Razz

Team Jack by Archangel
Back to top Go down
Azazel
New to NYC

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:30 pm

i will!.. thanks.. i'm a fast reader too so it wont take me long.. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games trilogy
Page 1 of 1