Blue Bloods Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community for Filipino fans of the Blue Bloods series by Melissa dela Cruz.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FallenAngel
Dimidium Cognatus
FallenAngel

The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome Empty
PostSubject: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Why is it with good love stories, there is always this one guy who is hovering between the boundaries of being the best friend and being the boyfriend? Ollie is no different than Jacob Black(Twilight) or Stark (House of Night) or Gale (The Hunger Games). They are the good guys and sometimes the bad guys (depends on your point of view). Bad guys because they sometimes represent a barrier between the female heroine and the hero of the book. They provide confusion amongst many other stuff that can slow down anything going on between the main "lovers" in the story.

For me they will always be those guys who suffer quietly. Often fighting, in their own way, for the girl but always ending up letting the hero win the lady's heart. I adore Ollie, but for me he seems to fit the bestfriend slate. Sure he could be the boyfriend...to another lucky lady, just not Sky.

So what's your cents worth on this?
Back to top Go down
Archangel
Mimi's Reflection
Archangel

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:10 pm

Archangel agrees with this all the way!

I try not to be closed minded and believe that the heroine should always be with the good guy. For Blue Bloods I believe that Ollie is better off with someone else, someone who will love him and only him.

Ollie deserves his HEA, too. Surprised
Back to top Go down
darkalley.erx
Duchesne Student
darkalley.erx

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:57 pm

I understand the sentiments of both Archangel and FallenAngel. At first, I felt bad for Ollie too but he did that for a reason, he knew that there will always be a part in Sky that longs for Jack, that he will always have this tacit rival whenever he's with her. What could possibly be more painful than that? Given they both love each other, but in Sky's case, she loves Jack too, and he can't tear her apart to get his share, I believe he'd rather see her whole and happy than broken and empty, and I admire him for that, having the courage of letting go someone that matters to him so much. The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome Herz

Let's just hope that Ollie will find his better half in the books to come. The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel
Dimidium Cognatus
FallenAngel

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptySat May 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Ohhh I'm loving this discussion Very Happy

Ok we all agree that Sky is better off with Jack, let's say I'm going to play the bad guy here. I'll ask this question just to spice things up....What if Jack can't fight for Sky. What if he, after all, decides to stick to tradition and end up choosing Mimi.

Do you think Oliver deserves a chance now to be Sky's one true love? Should Sky end up with him?
Back to top Go down
darkalley.erx
Duchesne Student
darkalley.erx

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptySat May 08, 2010 3:36 pm

The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome Icon_cheers

to set the record straight, im not entirely pro-Jack or pro-Ollie, im switzerland The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome Icon_biggrin

but given the situation, Jack dumping Sky for something or someone else, I would definitely go for Sky and Ollie. I mean, Ollie deserves some happiness too, I think we can all agree to that. But of course that is if Ollie will continue to be selfless in loving her though knowing that somewhere in Sky's heart, there is always a special place for Jack.
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel
Dimidium Cognatus
FallenAngel

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:36 pm

if that would be the case Ollie could either be the kindest or the most masochistic person I know. At least Jacob got over Bella, right? I mean, how bad can that be, being with the person you love but deep inside you know that you don't own her completely and that you are just like second best?

If should Jack leave Sky, for whatever reason/s, I would like it better if Ollie and Sky remain friends. How could you be happy when you know she is pinning away for somebody else? Either you want to die a saint or have a statue built in honor of your martyrdom...I say Ollie should go find his true happiness and still be the best friend that Sky will ever have.
Back to top Go down
darkalley.erx
Duchesne Student
darkalley.erx

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:41 am

The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome Icon_cheers i totally agree with FallenAngel

Ollie should find someone who will return his love and affection 100%. If ever Jack and Sky choose to go on separate ways, I know Ollie will always be there as a friend to Sky. But nonetheless, it should be no greater than that, no more as her lover. And with Sky she should do what's better for both of them when the time comes, she should know better than hurting her truest friend. Sky's decision would mostly influence what will happen to both of them. So hopefully Sky will get to choose what is best.

Im pretty sure Ollie will be over her soon. Hopefully, in the books to come, there wont be any dumping The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
meichen14
Riding the Town Car
meichen14

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:04 am

FallenAngel wrote:
if that would be the case Ollie could either be the kindest or the most masochistic person I know. At least Jacob got over Bella, right? I mean, how bad can that be, being with the person you love but deep inside you know that you don't own her completely and that you are just like second best?

If should Jack leave Sky, for whatever reason/s, I would like it better if Ollie and Sky remain friends. How could you be happy when you know she is pinning away for somebody else? Either you want to die a saint or have a statue built in honor of your martyrdom...I say Ollie should go find his true happiness and still be the best friend that Sky will ever have.

I am so with you, FallenAngel. Very Happy

and for the record, I love what Ollie did in the last part of Van Alen Legacy. If you really love the person, you will let her go and have her true happiness. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://quotesandunquotes.tumblr.com
darkalley.erx
Duchesne Student
darkalley.erx

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Yeah. what Ollie did was kinda hard , obviously. But I think if he haven't done that he'll continue to suffer the what's-in-her-mind syndrome.. he'll be competing with someone who has both Sky's heart and mind.. Well, yes, Sky loves Ollie but it is obvious that she loves Jack more.. It will be just so tragic for him to realize that he may have Sky at his side but her mind and heart are million miles away.. so i think it was for the best study
Back to top Go down
meichen14
Riding the Town Car
meichen14

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:28 am

darkalley.erx wrote:
Yeah. what Ollie did was kinda hard , obviously. But I think if he haven't done that he'll continue to suffer the what's-in-her-mind syndrome.. he'll be competing with someone who has both Sky's heart and mind.. Well, yes, Sky loves Ollie but it is obvious that she loves Jack more.. It will be just so tragic for him to realize that he may have Sky at his side but her mind and heart are million miles away.. so i think it was for the best study

yeah. I hope it stays that way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel
Dimidium Cognatus
FallenAngel

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:39 am

who knows maybe the right one for Ollie will make her appearance in the next installments? wonder how that would sit with Schuyler? will she get jealous or will she finally realize that Oliver is the right one for her and that what she has for Jack is just a passing fancy? oh the ideas insides my head! LOL
Back to top Go down
meichen14
Riding the Town Car
meichen14

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:49 am

FallenAngel wrote:
who knows maybe the right one for Ollie will make her appearance in the next installments? wonder how that would sit with Schuyler? will she get jealous or will she finally realize that Oliver is the right one for her and that what she has for Jack is just a passing fancy? oh the ideas insides my head! LOL

yeah! now that the place sky and jack's staying is with jack's past flings(?).
Back to top Go down
darkalley.erx
Duchesne Student
darkalley.erx

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:05 pm

hahaha. pretty good ideas huh..? well, whoever that person is, she must be good hahaha..

we can just sit and relax.. and wait for the best! lol!
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel
Dimidium Cognatus
FallenAngel

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:06 pm

well in a couple of weeks we will find out , won't we? i can't wait for Misguided Angel. the story is getting pretty good and I would love to know what happens after Sky and Jack left Ollie at the airport. oh how he must feel so sad after they left!
Back to top Go down
meichen14
Riding the Town Car
meichen14

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:15 pm

yeah. definitely much awaited. =)
Back to top Go down
Azazel
New to NYC

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:14 pm

I have read the first two chapters of Misguided Angel. It is included in the Keys to Repository Book. Sky and Jack went to Italy and Countess Isabelle of Orleans welcomed them. The Countess had given them everything except what they needed most: Freedom. Countess Isabelle had been a great friend of Lawrence and Cordelia Van alen, she's a silver blood Traitor. They tried to escape by using the Venators in service of the Countess, two Italian dous named Iggy and Drago, whom sky also considered as friends, to escape. I can't wait also for the rest of the book. And i hope the Wolf Pact book pushes through.
Back to top Go down
Archangel
Mimi's Reflection
Archangel

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:32 pm

Wolf Pact is set for release in April 2012.Smile
Back to top Go down
darkalley.erx
Duchesne Student
darkalley.erx

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:21 pm

i love the wolf thing.. I just feel that a vampire story will be a bit boring without that.. cliche as it may seem it's still "in" bounce
Back to top Go down
Archangel
Mimi's Reflection
Archangel

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 9:30 am

Back to topic people! Thank you!Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome   The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome Empty

Back to top Go down

The bestfriend/boyfriend syndrome
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blue Bloods Philippines :: The Characters :: Oliver Hazzard-Perry-
Jump to: